If you are into playing games or sports, you will understand the importance of medals. These are the true souvenirs of sportsmanship and can fill up the cupboards of all the sportspeople. A sportsperson is recognized by the number of medals that he or she possesses. Every sportsperson is proud of his collection of medals and trophies, as these become the memoirs for him.
Most of the awards are customized, and have a custom design engraving, which usually carries the name of the championship and the sports, along with the year. And, if it is a trophy, it also has the name of the winner engraved on it. There are various designs to choose from, and the model can be chosen, based on the type of event, and the scale of the event.
The medals are usually made out of high quality metals and materials, which are also used for making keychains, badge, coins, Medallions medals, cufflinks, and other things. Given below are some of the key points, which are followed, while making the medals:
- The usual materials used for making these medals include Iron, Zinc Alloy, Brass, Bronze, Acrylic, Pure Silver or Sterling Silver.
- A medal is a small, round and flat piece of metal, which is sculpted, moulded, casted and then stamped with some insignia, or other creative artistry.
- The process of creating medals involves stamping or die casting. The casting can be done either on one side, or on both the sides, with a 2D or 3D design, and can be customized as per the requirements.
- The enamel used for making these medals include soft enamel, or synthetic enamel.
- The thickness is usually standard, or can be changed as per the requirement.
- The medals are plated in Gold, Antique Gold, Silver, Antique Silver, Copper, Antique Copper, Nickel, Black or Antique Nickel, Brass, Antique Brass or can also be dyed Black.
- These also have a small holding on top, so that these can be tied to a satin ribbon.
- These medals are attached to the satin ribbons, so that they look grand and become wearable.
These medals provide an appreciation to the services of the sports people, and encourage them to perform better. Other than sports, the medals are also given for military services, academics, and other achievements. Participation means a great deal for a person, and winning becomes the icing on the cake.
Besides medals, also review the wide variety of crystal trophies that TrophySG.com offers !
I bought a trophy with this company and their product is Excellent!Alvin